Need a super fast lunch fix that is just right? Do you feel that the powers to be have not endowed you with the creativity and versatility to be a chef? Welcome to the club! Your worries end here.A simple Tuna salad is fast, easy and can be put together in many many ways. Here’s one we had for lunch today
- Salad Leaves (any lettuce, spinach, rocket leaves will work. We found some wonderfully fresh rocket leaves last night) 25 g
- Sweet Corn Kernels (I used canned corn to save time) 75 g
- Chili peppers – 25 g
- Cucumber – 60 g
- Cherry Tomatoes Halved – 3 to 5 nos
- Light Meat Tuna in water – 1 can (130 g drained)
- Salt and Pepper as required
Since this is a ‘quick’ recipe for when I don’t have time, the dressings are as simple can be.
Jalapeno Sauce (I tried a variation with celery salt and it was widely unpopular. Will make successful variation and post recipe)
Lime juice / salt and pepper
- Wash all vegetables, chop all cucumber and peppers
- Add ingredients 1-6 and toss with dressing (If you are packing a lunch box, just carry the tuna can with you and toss it in at work)
- Add in any other vegetable you think will go well with the salad, adjust the quantity according to your needs and hunger quotient.
- Remember that the calorie values are generated by myfitnesspal and I strongly to urge you to use the app if you are changing the quantity.
- My dressing was not welcome by two of my trusted taste testers. Both are alive. I advice you to side step that and land safe with the suggested dressings.